Re: ffi errors building gobject-introspection

>> You are correct that it *should* use that.  However,
>> gobject-introspection has been known to be broken in this way on macOS
>> for several years.  I do not have memories of it failing on NetBSD.  It
>> will need a makefile intervention to make sure the linking with the
>> newly-built lib is higher priority than /usr/pkg/lib.
>
> Maybe i did not fully describe what i meant :)
>
> I meant delete the old package or do a replace installation, so that
> libffi.so7 is not present anymore.
> Then install libffi.so.7 and rebuild the chain that uses it.

As I somewhat hazily understand Riccardo's situation, the problem is
that everything up to gobject-introspection *has* been rebuilt and
libffi.so.8 is present.  The old gobject needs 7, and the build of the
new gobject fails because -- I think -- it is trying to use the old
installed lib.  I think Riccardo is doing "make replace".    On macOS, I
solve this by "pkg_delete -f" and then "make package-install" intead of
make replace.