Re: Xorg startup with serial console

Hello,

On Sun, 12 Dec 2021 16:19:57 +0100
Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Since you reported success to get a non F-Code card booted up and
> recognized, i wanted to try a similar thing by plugging a geforce
> 750ti PCI-E without bridge into my Sun Ultra 25 to see how it would
> behave. The system did not pass the power on check and went into a
> fault state followed by a reset loop.
>
> Searching again the internet for clues, people are reporting that each
> card in a Sun system needs to have Sun F-Code on it or the system will
> not boot.

This is odd, I have cards without FCode ROM in all my PCI Suns, even
graphics cards, or cards with Apple OF. It only means OF can't use them.
Did the machine spew any error messages on the serial port? They're
supposed to do that even if the OF console is on a graphics device, to
log errors which happen before the graphical console is initialized.

have fun
Michael