Re: NetBSD installation woes on Sun Blade 100

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 8:02 PM Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 19:47:46 +0200
> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 12:21:02PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> > > Huh, 1280x1024 should Just Work(tm) on that chip. Got to check why
> > > machfb thinks the mode is unusable.
> > > I have a 2MB Rage II on a card here somewhere, time to dig it up.
> >
> > It prefers 1152x... because that closer fits the full HD aspect ratio
> > of the display. The question is what goes wrong when programming the
> > clocks for the chosen mode.
>
> Yeah, I saw jdc@'s mail only after sending that one.
> Is the clock actually out of range or does your monitor just not like
> the timing? I kinda doubt it came from your monitor's EDID block.
> Maybe we need to restrict the mode list to modes explicitly advertised
> by the monitor.
>
> have fun
> Michael

I could not find a syssrc.tgz file for NetBSD current on the ftp, but
i had success building my own kernel on yesterdays (July 20th) daily,
where i could download the syssrc.tgz.

I have set output-device only to screen.
I doubled the SSIZE and the mach64 drivers seems to work as it should
on my machine (Sun Blade 100).

Regards,
Connor