Re: NetBSD installation woes on Sun Blade 100

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 3:17 PM Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 3:05 PM Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > > Yes, and also Michael now knows what he needs to request a pullup for ;-)
> > >
> > > Martin

It turned out, that the system using this kernel is unstable and
rebooting anywhere from after 1 to 24hours, making is not so usable
for pkgsrc compilation.
In dmesg i see messages related to unstable dma access to the atapi driver.

So i guess i have to build a new kernel with either disabed cdrom
driver or switching it to pio, to get the machine stable.

But when i build a new kernel on this machine, i would not have the
necessary patches for SSIZE, right?
So how can i get my machine stable with netbsd?

Regards,
Connor