Re: tstile in less than a day

john%ziaspace.com@localhost (John Klos) writes:

>https://www.klos.com/~john/nfs_sparc.pcap.xz
>https://www.klos.com/~john/nfs_daisy.pcap.xz

>daisy is the name of the amd64 NFS server. If anyone wants to try to look
>to see where NFS went wrong, there it is :)

The client endlessly repeats a WRITE call, the server sees it but doesn't
answer. If I read this correctly it's the file 'work.log' that is grown
up to about 5kByte before a write isn't answered.

The file has a unique request pattern as it is rewritten synchronously
all the time. The client rewrites the complete data from the first page
up to the current length.

Doesn't look like a protocol error, more like a NFS/UVM hickup on the
server.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost