Re: Sun QLogic SCSI HBA issues

Pressing Ctrl-Alt-F2 does not switch me to the second virtual console; instead, it prints "^[[12~" in between the messages.

A little more clarification on the messages I'm getting: "isp0: isp_handle_index: bad handle 0xc*******" (* are random hex digits) followed by another message: "sd0(isp0:0:1:0): bad handle on teardown" and it just repeats these messages for awhile until it just stops. Break still works and I can gracefully exit the OS.

I'm no programmer (just a radio guy) so I have no idea what that means besides isp0 maybe being the QLogic driver and sd0 being my SCSI disk.

On 2019-01-07 18:00, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 05:54:14PM +0900, Christian Rodriguez wrote:
As to posting my dmesg.boot log, you'll have to pardon my unfamiliarity with
*nix; but, I'm not sure how I could get a hold of that seeing as I can't
fully boot into the system.
You could use Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch from console (which gets the error
messag printoout) to the second virtual console (which should not get it).

That should allow you to log in and look at the file or copy it out.

Martin
--
Christian Rodriguez, A1C, USAF
RF Transmission Systems Tech