I would also like to make a minor correction, the card utilizes two QLA10160 chips not QLA10162s.

Side question here.

What is the state of binary packages for SPARC64? I'm looking into adding a desktop environment (LXQt, Xfce, etc.) but on OpenBSD a lot of dependencies were not available as binaries which meant a lot of compiling from source which is way too slow on this machine.

On 2019-01-07 16:22, Michael wrote:
Hello,

On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 19:43:24 +0900
Christian Rodriguez <christian.rodriguez.95%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

If I need a new HBA, do the PowerPC Mac SCSI cards work with OBP?
Not likely, the Mac-ROMs I have seen on those all contain powerpc code
hidden below a thin layer of FORTH. I do not claim to know all ( or
even most ) of those, so...

If you happen to have a symbios logic UW-SCSI controller ( supported by
the esiop(4) driver ) it will likely Just Work(tm) regardless of what's
in the card's ROM - the U5 and U10 have drivers for those in their own
ROMs.

have fun
Michael

--