Re: Keyboard Problem with V5.1 on an E4000

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM, matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>
wrote:

>> avail memory = 981 MB
>> mainbus0 (root): SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise (8-slot Sun Enterprise
>> E4500/E5500): hostid 809db71e
>> cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-II @ 336 MHz, UPA id 0
>> cpu0: 16K instruction (32 b/l), 16K data (32 b/l), 4096K external (64 b/l)
>> cpu at mainbus0 not configured
>> central at mainbus0 not configured
>> fhc at mainbus0 not configured
>
> i think one of these is the problem.  either central or fhc should
> be attaching something here, and we're missing some of the onboard
> devices attached here.  both serial ports and keyboard are missing
> from these boot logs.
>
> the reason it works with serial console is that pcons attaches.  the
> reason it doesn't work with the keyboard attached is that pcons does
> not attach here, presumably because wsdiplay0 claimed the console?
>
> can you send or link to a prtconf -v or whatever it is from solaris
> that will show the entire OFW device tree?  it would be great to get
> these systems finally supported!
>
> thanks.
>

> .mrg.

# prtconf
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u
Memory size: 11264 Megabytes
System Peripherals (Software Nodes):

SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
    scsi_vhci, instance #0
    packages (driver not attached)
        terminal-emulator (driver not attached)
        deblocker (driver not attached)
        obp-tftp (driver not attached)
        disk-label (driver not attached)
        ufs-file-system (driver not attached)
    chosen (driver not attached)
    openprom (driver not attached)
        client-services (driver not attached)
    options, instance #0
    aliases (driver not attached)
    memory (driver not attached)
    virtual-memory (driver not attached)
    central, instance #0
        fhc, instance #1
            eeprom (driver not attached)
            zs, instance #0
            zs, instance #1
            clock-board, instance #0
    fhc, instance #7
        ac, instance #6
        simm-status, instance #5
        environment, instance #6
        sram, instance #5
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #0
        ac, instance #0
        simm-status, instance #0
        environment, instance #0
        sram, instance #0
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #2
        ac, instance #1
        simm-status, instance #1
        environment, instance #1
        sram, instance #1
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #3
        ac, instance #2
        simm-status, instance #2
        environment, instance #2
        sram, instance #2
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #4
        ac, instance #3
        simm-status, instance #3
        environment, instance #3
        sram, instance #3
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #5
        ac, instance #4
        simm-status, instance #4
        environment, instance #4
        sram, instance #4
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #8
        ac, instance #7
        simm-status, instance #6
        environment, instance #7
        sram, instance #6
        flashprom (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II (driver not attached)
    sbus, instance #0
        SUNW,socal, instance #0
            sf (driver not attached)
                ssd (driver not attached)
            sf (driver not attached)
                ssd (driver not attached)
            sf, instance #4
                ssd, instance #4 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #0 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #1 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #5 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #2 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #3 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #6 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #7
                ssd, instance #8 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #9 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #10 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #11 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #12 (driver not attached)
                ssd, instance #13 (driver not attached)
                ses (driver not attached)
                ses (driver not attached)
            sf, instance #0
        cgsix, instance #0
        sbusmem, instance #2 (driver not attached)
        sbusmem, instance #3 (driver not attached)
        sbusmem, instance #4 (driver not attached)
    fhc, instance #6
        ac, instance #5
        environment, instance #5
        flashprom (driver not attached)
        eeprom (driver not attached)
        sbus-speed (driver not attached)
    counter-timer (driver not attached)
    sbus, instance #1
        SUNW,hme, instance #0
        SUNW,fas, instance #0
            sd (driver not attached)
            st (driver not attached)
            sd, instance #0 (driver not attached)
            sd, instance #6
        SUNW,socal, instance #1
            sf (driver not attached)
                ssd (driver not attached)
            sf (driver not attached)
                ssd (driver not attached)
            sf, instance #1
            sf, instance #2
        sbusmem, instance #0 (driver not attached)
        sbusmem, instance #1 (driver not attached)
    counter-timer (driver not attached)
    iscsi, instance #0
    pseudo, instance #0
#