Re: Testing memory in an ULTRA60

Volker A. Brandt writes:
> > Various tests produced output like this:
> >
> > 0>INFO:     256MB Bank 0
> > 0>INFO:     512MB Bank 1
> > 0>INFO:     512MB Bank 2
> > 0>INFO:     512MB Bank 3
>
> This would mean that you have 4x 64MB in bank 0.  The modules
> should have the part number 501-2480.  The rest of the banks would
> be filled with 501-3136, these are 128MB modules.
>
> > Is it possible to get more detailed information? I would like to know
> > whether only two of the four new modules are working or whether they
> > are 64MB modules (which is entirely possible).

I should have been clearer.  If HPOST lists the bank population
as above, and does not produce any error message, then you definitely
have four working 64MB modules in bank #0.  Any mixed population
would be flagged and logged in as 0 MB.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt