Re: Testing memory in an ULTRA60

> I've just added four more memory modules to my ULTRA60 to upgrade it
> from 1.5GB to 2GB. However OpenFirmware and NetBSD both report only
> 1.7GB of memory. Can I run some kind of memory test from the firmware
> to find out which memory modules are not working?

You need to set diag-switch? to true and diag-level to max in OBP,
then power off, wait 1-2 minutes, and power on again.

Then watch the serial port.  Normally, HPOST will list the memory
modules it sees, and report on any errors.  The DIMM sockets are
marked Uxxxx on the motherboard, and HPOST will use these names.

Also, have a look at the "Sun Ultra 60 Service Manual" at
download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19127-01/ultra60.ws/.../805-1709-12.pdf

Regards - Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt