Re: Testing memory in an ULTRA60

> Various tests produced output like this:
>
> 0>INFO:       256MB Bank 0
> 0>INFO:       512MB Bank 1
> 0>INFO:       512MB Bank 2
> 0>INFO:       512MB Bank 3

This would mean that you have 4x 64MB in bank 0.  The modules
should have the part number 501-2480.  The rest of the banks would
be filled with 501-3136, these are 128MB modules.

> Is it possible to get more detailed information? I would like to know
> whether only two of the four new modules are working or whether they
> are 64MB modules (which is entirely possible).

No, you can only test four modules, because the U60 must have each
bank either empty or filled with identical modules.  Look at page
10-13 in the service manual, there is a mapping table giving the
DIMM socket numbers for each bank.

Hope this helps -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt