Re: SCA SCSI drives for Ultra 1

Hello,

On Jan 18, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Jochen Kunz wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:48:04 -0600
jim smith <n0oct%sbcglobal.net@localhost> wrote:

I had a couple of SCA pulls from an old HP server that I could
*never* get to work in my Ultra2.
HP liks to put funky, custom firmware on its drives. Maybe you got
bitten by this. (Once I got fooled by Seagate drives with DEC / Camcrap
firmware...)

Yeah, HP has a history of crap like that - some hp300 machine had their internal SCSI connectors soldered in deliberately the wrong way for example.

have fun
Michael