Re: SCA SCSI drives for Ultra 1

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:18:58 -0500
Chris Ross <cross+netbsd%distal.com@localhost> wrote:

>   Generally, with a machine of that age (I have a few myself), the older the
> technology is, the more likely it is to work.  (*grin*)

Not necessarily--I have found [the hard way] that Ultra 2's can be
particular about the SCA drives that will work.  I had a couple of SCA
pulls from an old HP server that I could *never* get to work in my
Ultra2.  I know it's not an Ultra1, but they're not all that different,
are they?

--
jim smith <n0oct%sbcglobal.net@localhost>