Re: I2O on sparc64 (Was: Re: mlx on sparc?)

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:10:00PM +0200, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:

> Am 05.06.2008 um 16:31 schrieb Andrew Doran:
>
> >On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:55:06PM +0200, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
> >>during reset:
> >>8+7+5+3+2
> >>8+7+3+2
> >>IRQ+8+2+1
> >>IRQ+1
> >>(8 or IRQ)+5+4+1
> >>OFF
> >>(8 or IRQ)+5
> >>(8 or IRQ)+5+3+2+1
> >>3+2+1
> >>5+4+3+2+1
> >>ALL
> >>ALL-1
> >>KITT (until powerdown)
> >>
> >>Legend: (8 or IRQ) means, i couldnt determine wether it is LED 8 or
> >>LED IRQ.  But always the same is lit.  KITT is like Knight Riders Car
> >>swinging from left to right and back.  Correlation is a bit
> >>difficult,
> >>but I think only the first two or threee states occur before the
> >>kernel returns the reset rejected.  So it looks like the kernel
> >>doesn't wait for the board to reset...
> >
> >It looks like the board actually did reset OK. Can you give this patch
> >a try?
> >
> >     http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/iop.c.diff
> >
> >Andrew
> >

> Didn't help much - now it waits longer (actually until the KITT
> phase), but still reset rejected.  Could this be an endian issue
> despite the letoh32/htole32 conversion?
> Anyway, since the exit code is 0x0 and not IOP_RESET_REJECTED, I
> changed iop.c to ignore the status if it's 0...
>
> Now I get:
> Distributed Processing Technology Memory Controller (miscellaneous
> memory, revision 0x02) at pci2 dev 3 function 0 not configured
> iop0 at pci2 dev 4 function 0: I2O adapteriop0: reset rejected, status
> 0x0
> iop0: STATUS_GET timed out
> iop0: not responding (get status)
>
> which doesn't really bring us that much progress.
>
> What next - and I already exchanged the controller for a known good
> unit...

Comment out the POLL() line in iop_reset, along with the failure-case if ()
after it, and replace it with a DELAY(2500). I think NetBSD is not seeing
the return of the status word for some reason, and the board is waiting for
its FIFO to be initialized.

Andrew