Re: SparcStation 4 serial console

Hi,

David Brownlee wrote:
Hardware flow control? The old Sun FAQ should mention it if anything
is special on the SS4.

I tried enabling and disabling it.
I kept it disable, because I have it disable for the SS20, I guess my cable-contraption looses it? With a genuine cable I use for the Netra(s), I can use hardware flow control.

Usually at least a character, some garbage... I really get nothing.

Could there be anything set in OpenFirmware to lock the console to framebuffer?

I wonder... I think it should drop to serial without keyboard, right?
If I force in/out devices to ttya, attach a monitor, I see a black screen, so these OF parameters do something...

Further reasoning, even if I don't get OF, I still have old NetBSD booting and I don't get a login console (constty). So it appears as if the hardware is disbled

I hope my UART didn't break? Or is it hidden?

When booting, can I check in dmesg for a device that would represent serial?

Riccardo