Re: svn - cannot allocate mem

Hi John,

John Klos wrote:

> Do you have a machine near your SPARC that you can ssh / telnet to and
> that can talk to the serial console of the SPARC?

Yes, I have such a setup... eventually I configured it given the
"oddball" systems I like to keep running. I have a small x86 system with
RS232 (so I know its serial console is working reliably and I am not
fighting against other ghosts) that now double-acts as a file server and
serial console machine. I can connect then "once" to my SPARC and
SPARC64 systems or Raspberry, MIPS boards.

I used laptops, but sometimes you really fight getting the correct
serial console working, should be easy...but. Also they are getting scarce!

The only drawback is that with Netra and Fire, I can just plug-in and
plug-out the serial cable.

On SS4/SS10/SS20 if I do plug out I usually hang the machine due
debugger, I think it interprets a break or such. SO I need to run both
systems and both connected to each other, a little inconvenient to do
always.

Riccardo