Re: svn - cannot allocate mem

Hi,

John, I too suspect soemthing is not released. But at a first glance it is not running anymore, no suspect process and not a user process.

Puzzling indeed.

 I wouldn't expect it to help (but a negative data point can have some
 use), but if it happens again could you try running shutdown to single
 user, then booting up again and see if it is still present (a "clear
 *everything*  from userland and retry" test)

David, I am usually logged through ssh/telnet. I suppose I need local consoel. I can try to set that up. It usually just takes 1-2 days of compilation to get in there.

What should I "type" to change the runlevel? especially the "boot again", you don't want a soft-reboot. SUggest me the commands please.

Do you have a machine near your SPARC that you can ssh / telnet to and that can talk to the serial console of the SPARC?

The commands would be:

shutdown now (note no -h, no -p)

You can run "ps ax" to see what's left, in case anything is still hanging around, then:

exit

This'll exit single user mode.

John