Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

> On Jul 18, 2023, at 5:16 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> Good to find a resolution - pity the mixed memory config didn't work.
> Do you know if SunOS ran fine with that setup?

I don’t - I’ve only ever ran Solaris / NetBSD on this box.

> It may be worth filing a bug on it, if nothing else so that anyone
> else who hits it in future has something which shows up in the PRs :)

Yep, I did file one (and followed up with the root cause and fix).

> Did you end up putting them back to -9.3 or going with -10? There have
> been some framebuffer performance improvements which might just
> help…

I stayed on 9.3 due to having all my packages built for it.  I did try 10 but only long enough to recreate the memory issue.  I saw your other message about the FB improvements, def. looking forward to that.

Thanks.