Re: shutdown -p panics on SS10

>>> Can you show us the panic message? Would be very easy if you have a
>>> serial console for that machine.
>> Question: should I disconnect kbd/display and boot it headless ?  Or is ther$
>
> Serial console != headless.

Point taken, poor choice of words by me.  My main concern is making sure this panic message ends up on the serial console.

> Maybe NetBSD has broken it in recent years, but it certainly used to be
> possible to boot a machine with serial console even if it has keyboard
> and framebuffer, and I've even run X on a machine booted that way (I
> just now tried it and it worked fine).  So, if it doesn't work in
> modern NetBSD I'd call that a (moderately serious) regression…

Hmm, shouldn’t I see a getty running on a serial port ? This is a pretty vanilla install.  I have enabled xdm - and the machine booted with keyboard/mouse/display and is running X.

ss10# ps auxw | grep getty | grep -v grep
root     478  0.0  1.0  5812  1232 ttyE0 Is+   6:06PM   0:00.17 /usr/libexec/getty suncons constty
ss10#