Re: Anyone have working pre-v8 machines?

Hi Martin

Martin Husemann wrote:
> My theory is that there are no working v7 machines out there any more,
> and if there are, they are permanently turned off. My last SparcStation 2
> died many years ago (and I didn't bother to repair whatever broke).
>
> Anyone here actually using a pre v8 machine?

I have one left, my IPC. My SS2 became unreliable and had to throw it away.
I use the IPC from time to time as a test, to compile etc...

However, I am not running 8.x or 9.x because I am unable to upgrade
because I cannot boot any medium. I suppose others might have a similar
issue.
If somebody can help me out there, I'd upgrade to a more recent
version... but no boot. It is a loader issue.
I also fear that some kind of "in place" update would break things, but
in case I am willing to try.

Riccardo