Re: CG14 in 8-bit color

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 3:32 PM Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 14:40:27 -0800
> foo bar <tokenalt%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > The bad news is that 24bit mode now has some image corruption on the
> > bottom of the screen. Roughly a 110 pixel tall strip along the bottom
> > gets garbled whenever any window uses acceleration. This hardware
> > works fine in 24bit mode under netbsd 9.2 and solaris so this is a
> > new issue. Attached a dmesg below.
>
> This is odd, then again my main workhorse has an 8MB VSIMM, and there
> were some changes in VRAM size detection. What does Xorg.0.log say?

Attached xorg logs for 9.2 and current, both seem to detect the 4mb vsimm fine.

I just installed 9.2 on an extra harddrive to verify it works and it
does but I did notice a rather large performance difference. Using
x11perf -aaftext, which triggers the corruption on current, I get
13000/s on current but only 4580/s on 9.2

Hope this helps.