From: Romain Dolbeau <romain%dolbeau.org@localhost>
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 10:21 PM
To: ideafix%ideafix.name@localhost
Subject: Re: MP support on SS20

Le jeu. 25 févr. 2021 à 23:11, <ideafix%ideafix.name@localhost> a écrit :
> Can not build pkgsrc 2020q4 on netbsd 9.1 sparc.
> System stops while checking GNU Fortran compiler. Please help me to edit my /etc/mk.conf to build (or exclude) fortran.

Trying to build the full pkgsrc for netbsd/sparc might be optimistic.
It will take a very long time, and some packages will fail for various reasons - bugs, not supporting sparc, out-of-memory, ...

I would suggest rebuilding only the pkg you actually want/need on your box (and pkgsrc should take care of the dependencies for you). I've built a few for myself from 2020q1/2020q2 in 9.0, you can find my notes in the file 000README.MD in there:
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5w6od9b333u97dm/AAChGRHJejsfh89iMlL6dYUxa?dl=0>
(in pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc/9.0/All/).

Are you building on genuine hardware - and if so which one ? - or in an emulator like QEmu ?

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau