Re: NetBSD 7.2, 8.2 and 9.0 on SparcStation IPC

Hi Martin,

Martin Husemann wrote:
>> right fix for me....
> It is in all of -8, but maybe there are newer bugs now?

hmm... there are two options. Either it "broke again" or the fix never
worked for me.

Essentially, 6.1.5 did not work for me (I was able to install since back
then the CD-ROM did boot maybe it became bad int he meanwhile) and then
did not boot off the cd.
Now I used the "second drive" tick... and have issues with 7.2, 8.2 and 9.0

"When" was this bug fixed? The first release that should have it fixed?
It says 2010...
Shouldn't 6.1.5 have it already?

However, looking at the date range, the bug looks very similar to mine:
I identified breakage around

File:boot.388000-2006-01-26 -> boots
File:boot.388000-2006-11-17 -> fails!

No clue how 6 years ago I did the test. The Bug report is about
"floppy", I don't use a floppy - no drive present even, it was removed
by the previous owner of the IPC.

And... now?
I wonder if Izumi still reads us and if he upgraded his OpenBSD on his
SPARCstations.... I put him in CC at the old address.

Reading the old thread, I provided a dump of the ROMs? No clue how, but
there was no means to reproduce this in qemu apparently. So, bad.

Riccardo