Steps to take after updating the Boot ROM?

Hi guys!

So quite a while ago I updated the Boot ROM in my SPARCstation IPX,
since it caused issues with the secondary boot loader (I still have
that broken ROM and I'm willing to test patches).

Anyway, the IPX keep auto booting of the network, and
hardware-revision prints garbage. Are there a few things I've should
have done when replacing the ROM?, the NVRAM doesn't seem entirely
correct.

Cheers!,
Adrian.