"Hard memory error" on TurboSPARC equipped SS5 only when using NetBSD

Hi.

I'm seeing the subject when trying to install NetBSD. It happens during distribution sets unpacking and looks like:

"Hard memory error
Stopped in pid 78.1 (tar) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4: or %o7, %g0, %g1".

I'm using NFS install (instfs.tgz), and both NetBSD-6.1.5 and NetBSD-7.0_RC3 fail with the above message. However everything goes fine when using MicroSPARC equipped SPARCStation and the same installation method.

I doubt that TurboSPARC equipped machine is broken since:
a) It seems to pass memory tests, OBP's selftest-#megs is set to the machine RAM size;
b) OpenBSD-5.7 installs and runs just fine.

Please help :-)

---

Also have a personal question to Michael.

I've seen your efforts on bringing graphics acceleration support for various framebuffers in Sun machines to NetBSD, really great work! Especially appreciating X support. However, I've found that all the acceleration bits were not pushed upstream (i.e. Xorg project). Could you please propose them, so Linux and OpenBSD will benefit from your work too, or Xorg is not interested in taking a new code for an old hardware?

Thank you all.