Re: SPARCstation 330 diskless

Mine is "ROM Rev 3.0.1". Exact behavior with the boot.net from 5.1.5 pictured in attachment.
Sorry for the poor quality, and I don't have a serial terminal (anymore) to get the text properly.
6.1.5 behave the same way. The PC is 0x00000000 in the picture, it can be 0x00000004.
Replacing the boot.net by the one from 2.1, the machine boots all the way (albeit slowly) to
multi-user in 5.1.5 and can install packages from pkgsrc :-)

 It was so slow, I gave up rebuilding on the 4/330 and used a QEMU VM with 5.1.5 for sparc
(sharing /usr/pkg via NFS) instead.

As noted in the pkgsrc bulk build, python2.7 fails; however by trying again after installing python33
and setting PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT to 33, I was able to rebuild some stuff including
WindowMaker and all its dependencies (including libX11). Too bad my mouse doesn't work on the
4/330 (it works fine with a SS5 running Debian Etch, so the kbd/mouse themselves are OK).
Keyboard is fine though.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau