Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

Hi Izumi,

Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
There was PR port-sparc/42186, a firmware bug triggered by
boot from raidframe support added after NetBSD 3.0.
http://gnats.netbsd.org/42186

It worked arounded for my (recently died) SS1+, but not sure
if there is any particular difference (around floppy device name)
from SS2 or IPC etc.

SS1, SS2, IPC and IPX should al be pretty similar!

The last comment says "pulled up to netbsd-4 and netbsd-5", shouldn't that mean that at least 4 & 5 have this fix? Perhaps it got lost with 6?

I don't have a floppy installed in my IPC, I believe it was a server before, at least I got it without. But I suppose the driver is still there and thus the device node?

Riccardo