Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

martin@ wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 01:54:05AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > The SS20 is capable from booting this disk, why not my IPC? Does it have
> > further restriction for the root partition? NetBSD problems?
>
> There was a recent discussion that newer bootblocks apparently do not work
> with some older firmware versions - AFAIR this is not completely analyzed
> yet.

There was PR port-sparc/42186, a firmware bug triggered by
boot from raidframe support added after NetBSD 3.0.
http://gnats.netbsd.org/42186

It worked arounded for my (recently died) SS1+, but not sure
if there is any particular difference (around floppy device name)
from SS2 or IPC etc.

---
Izumi Tsutsui