Re: SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

>> The other thing that sparc firmware is picky about is the block/frag sizes $
> What's the "default" and how can i check?

The default depends on the NetBSD version and the size of the
filesystem (and possibly other factors, but those are the ones I know
of).  I don't know NetBSD 6, but on every version I do know, you can
check it with dumpfs, as in "dumpfs /dev/rsd0a".  This will produce
quite a lot of output, so you probably want to pipe it into less or
some such.  The output should begin with some info which looks at least
vaguely like the following (which comes from NetBSD dumpfs, but a
fairly old version):

endian  big-endian
magic   11954   time    Wed Nov 12 17:08:50 2014
cylgrp  dynamic inodes  4.4BSD  fslevel 3       softdep disabled
nbfree  6081    ndir    1       nifree  15862   nffree  9
ncg     4       ncyl    64      size    65536   blocks  63471
bsize   8192    shift   13      mask    0xffffe000
fsize   1024    shift   10      mask    0xfffffc00
frag    8       shift   3       fsbtodb 1
cpg     16      bpg     2048    fpg     16384   ipg     3968
minfree 5%      optim   time    maxcontig 8     maxbpg  2048
rotdelay 0ms    headswitch 0us  trackseek 0us   rps     90
ntrak   32      nsect   64      npsect  64      spc     2048
symlinklen 60   trackskew 0     interleave 1    contigsumsize 8
maxfilesize 0x0000400801017fff

For what Erik mentioned, you want to look at the "bsize" and "fsize"
values, at the beginnings of lines 6 and 7 in the above.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign