SparcStation IPC: Data Access Exception

Hi,

I installed netbsd 6.1.5 on a HD. Given all the problems with my SS10 which led to the breakage of the flat cable, I did differently. I used a SS20 with CDROM to install on the HD in an external enclosure, then attached the disk to my IPC (both internally and externally).

I get:
Booting netbsd
Data Access Exception

I have a <1GB root and a >1GB /home partition, so I know it should fit with the 1GB as boot disk. The / partition is FFSv1, the /home is FFSv2. The SS20 is capable from booting this disk, why not my IPC? Does it have further restriction for the root partition? NetBSD problems?

(I installed twice, the first time I did one 2GB partition for everything and the SS20 itself could not boot from it, then I partitioned the disk with a smaller / root partition and it works there)

Before attempting this install, I had Solaris 2.5 on the HD and i was running fine, so I suppose the HW is OK!

Ideas?