Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

IIRC the disk doesn't have to be within that barrier, just the portion the boot loader needs to access ( via OBP calls ) - in other words, the partition containing the kernel.

Oh? thats been fixed? Brilliant. Back in the not-so-recent-unpleasantness 2.0 or below(?) era I had a 4gb disk sliced up into roughly 900mb slices + swap and misc. Worked fine. I then became overly zealous and fed it a 18gb disk off two levels of converters and went gangbusters up to the point where some counter wrapped and the fs was corrupted. Having dealt with similar symptoms on 6-byte SCSI mail chipsets like the NCR5830 in a few of my VAXen, I down-sized and developed a healthy respect for first experimenting with while loops and 512mb file creation via dd with md5sums at the end to see what the state of the drive was like when the disk was not only split up but also "used".

Not really sure what the PROM version was but I am always wary of 6 or 8 byte capable SCSI scripting chips. It's bitten me on the freckle a few times.

Al.

 Al Boyanich
 adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain