Re: /etc/disktab on vax

(dropping port-vax :)

On 25 June 2012 18:58, Alan Perry <alanp%snowmoose.com@localhost> wrote:

>> That would be sun4c? Linux never really ran very well on it - they did
>> a much better job on sun4m and later.
>
> Yes, sun4c.  All of that code was removed a few weeks ago.
>
> I collect lunchbox systems.  I run a mix of Solaris, RedHat (you could once
> buy RedHat SPARC in end-user packaging) and *BSD on them.

Then you could possibly have an ideal perspective to compare them.
Could I ask if there anything in particular you feel that NetBSD is
missing on sparc that Linux or Solaris better provide?

>> Unfortunately I had to leave my IPX in the states when I came back to
>> the UK, (but if anyone knows of one available). I still have my
>> classic, but thats a sun4m.
>
> They definitely become available over there.  Are you on the suns-at-home
> mailing list?

I was not when I started reading this message, I would hope that I
will be by the time you read this - thanks for the reference!

David