Re: sun4c (Was: /etc/disktab on vax)

(dropping port-vax)

On 25 June 2012 21:04, Dave McGuire <mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> wrote:

>> That would be sun4c? Linux never really ran very well on it - they did
>> a much better job on sun4m and later.
>
>  Very true.
>
>> I would not expect NetBSD/sparc sun4c support to be an issue going forward :)
>
>  It had better not.  The day NetBSD stops supporting sun4c is the day
> it stops being NetBSD.

Well, maybe in 2047 when 64bits systems are considered legacy and
32bit support is dropped, but until then :-p

>> Unfortunately I had to leave my IPX in the states when I came back to
>> the UK, (but if anyone knows of one available). I still have my
>> classic, but thats a sun4m.
>
>  Oh c'mon, that IPX could've been jammed into your luggage! ;)

Trust me, I did not have a whole lot of clothing in my luggage, but I
had several other machines ahead of the list to take with me, and I
was always supposed to be going back after the visa cleared :/

Still, the classic is a nice enough little box for now...