Re: installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

"..I'd rather be coding ASM!" <uridium%deviate.fi@localhost> wrote:

> I was having the same problem with an IPX last week, and the floppy images
> had issues. ...
>
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, peasthope%shaw.ca@localhost wrote:
>
> > At 1530843 bytes, the 5.0.2 Sparc installer disk2
> > is too big to fit on a diskette.  I see these
> > choices for installing on the Sparc 2....

I think you can use an earlier version of the boot floppies to do the
install.  You just enter in the path* to the newer sets. At least it used
to work; been a while since I've done a floppy install on sparc.

* I usually setup an ftp server on my LAN to host the desired install sets.

Good luck,

Jeff