Re: Porting NetBSD to SGI Fuel?

On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 07:44:52AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
If it runs on OpenBSD it should not be very hard to port the relevant
code to NetBSD...

Hi!

My investigations say that it is more complex than that. I just found a message in port-sgimips [1] about NetBSD not supporting SGI Octane because there is no mips64 support in the toolchain (apparently confirmed by http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/sgimips/), although an answer to this e-mail [2] does say there is mips64 support.

I was told privately the mips64 toolchain support is essential for porting code from OpenBSD, and NetBSD lacks that. I would like to confirm that with you.

Besides this thread, I've also sent e-mail to people and some kindly answered with tips and documentation, although nobody has the time for a mentoring project right now. Anyway, I'm still at your disposal for that project (going to receive the SGI Fuel this week :-]).

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2017/08/31/msg000726.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2017/09/01/msg000727.html

--
Silas