Re: R10k O2

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:46:55 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:32:52PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > After a hint from Michael Lorenz I replaced the RTC chip and now it works
> > again - fun!
>
> I just looked at a supply for replacement parts, should my last working RTC
> chips now fail and stumbled accross the data sheet.
>
> Does anyone know if bending pin 22 (Vauxbat) up and connecting a 3V lithium
> battery would work? This input needs to be enabled by firmware, and I have no
> idea if it is usualy (and with a dead RTC it's hard to do later).
>
> Martin
> P.S.: I found a source for new chips too.

If it just needs a 3V signal to boot, maybe generate one with a 3kOhm
and 2kOhm resistor between ground and +5V?

If attempting to fix the RTC, make sure to disconnect the internal
power source or it might explode! Maybe the good old Sparc hack[1] works
on these RTCs?

[1] http://www.pixbox.se/alb297905