Re: R10k O2

Quoting Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 03:24:37PM -0500, Stephen M. Rumble wrote:
It should just be querying ARCBIOS for the address. Does 'printenv' in
the PROM show 'ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff' as well?

Yes - some nvram problem, or can I just overwrite it?

I believe the address lives in a DS2502 EPROM on the pci riser. I have no idea if it lives in the 'factory-lasered registration number' [1] (sounds rather permanent) or in the writable area. I guess the easiest fix is probably to just hard-code a value in if_mec.c...

If the O2 will store arbitrarily-named environment variables in its flash, you could define eaddr2 and fall back on it in if_mec. It's somewhat less disgusting and could be useful in the future.

Steve

[1] http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/2924