Re: DS-207 network failure

On Wed, 25 May 2011 23:00:22 +0100
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> > If you have any time to spare, download synologys sourcecode and
> > look at the SK98 driver they use for your model.
> > There has to be a difference between the altboot SK driver and
> > synologys SK98 driver that causes this.
>
> Yes.  I will do that.  I have been looking at the main NetBSD SK
> driver, and also at the altboot driver up to now.

My altboot driver is based on the NetBSD kernel driver, so it might not
reveal any new insight.

Especially because according to Oscar Molin the kernel driver doesn't work
either! So I would rather compare with SK98 or PPCBoot (although they are
hard to read).

It would be interesting if you find the time to repeat Oscar's sk kernel
driver test. Load the install kernel with Kermit into memory, then boot
it with altboot via "mem:<address>". Enter the shell and use ifconfig
and ping to test the driver.

--
Frank Wille