Re: problem with starting X in -current.

matthew green wrote:

> OK, so the xorg-server version seems irrelevant.  i see the
> same hang using 1.10 in -current (as in, i built ofppc with
> HAVE_XORG_SERVER_VER=110.)

I also made some more tests. I upgraded my system to official 8.0 userland
and installed an 8.0 kernel. No problem with X. Then I booted the current
8.99.33 kernel (fixed for my G3) on top of that. No problem with X.

> i guess i suspect something like libpciaccess.

Can you see any output in Xorg.0.log after a reboot?

> i'm going
> to see what else changed between this bsd.own.mk version
> and netbsd-8 release:

So you are not running the Xorg libs from the official 8.0 release?

I could try to update my xbase and xserver from the current build, if that
is worth a test.

--
Frank Wille