Port-newsmips archive

Re: FAQ for newsmips

> It seems, indeed.
> I found that Sony has put some web pages which look like
> a technical support for NEWS-OS at:
>       http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/ProductsPark/Professional/Computer/
> but (what a pity!) it is only in japanese language...

        Its still very helpful to those lucky enough to read Japanese :)
        I've added a link from the NetBSD newsmips page - thanks.

> I would willingly partecipate to such FAQ by sharing all the information
> I have on these machines (unfortunately, it is not so much...).
> However, I don't have any experience in mantaining nor in contributing to
> FAQs.

        The most important aspect is collecting the information - even in
        plain text form with each entry in the form of a question, and
        an answer. If you have more time and basic HTML knowledge then you
        can format them based on an existing FAQ, such as
                http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/arm32/faq.html

        Most of the FAQs on www.netbsd.org are in .list format - see
                http://www.netbsd.org/developers/htdocs.html#dotlist-files
        for more information on this.

        If you have any questions - just let us know!

> The model I own is a NWS3260 with 16Mb RAM.
> I've downloaded the snapshots for newsmips but I haven't tested them yet.
> When I'll try, I'll report to this mailing list.

        Good luck!

        By the way, I think your email client may be doing something
        strange - its sending HTML, plus plain text marked as 'base64' -
        this results in the plain text coming out as a page like:

         \xe8\xb5\xef\x93\x85\xea\xdev\x87\xac\x9e\x8bly\xe9\xad\xa1\xb7\x9a

         at this end :/