Port-mvme68k archive

Re: Replacement P2 for MVME167, MVEM177, and a newer 712

The killer is once you find the CPU card, you need a
cage/chassis/whatever to put it in. If your in the US and your are not
in a hurry they show up.

Then you need what is called a P2 adapter then a interface/breakout
module MVME712/M and the cable that goes between them.

What I discovered is the going price for P2+712 for a fortune, more
than what you can find a CPU for and almost none have the cable.

The cable is not your basic 64 pin IDC 2 row type, at least for the 167/177.

Hence why I said the heck with it and started a board layout and
started to accumulate the parts on the surplus market, my hope is by
summer I will have all the parts to build both if there is any demand.

-pete