Re: install on nec mobilepro 780

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 03:49:06PM -0400, Aaron Peters wrote:
> I saw a set of install instructions (will send the link when I get the
> chance) that suggested in earlier releases lots of things worked as
> expected, first and foremost among them suspend/resume. It almost makes me
> want to try installing one of those and then upgrade to the newest version.

Ah, interesting. I would like to take a look at that when you get a chance. I
can confirm that suspend/resume do work in versions 3.0 and 4.0 (although halt
and reboot do not seem to work in any version reliably). I will also
say that of the 8 versions I've now tried to install (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,9.1) only
two (3,4) made it through the installer and worked as expected. After I've had
the chance to try some of the intermediate releases I will send out a table of
all of them and the specific problems encountered with each in case that might
be useful to someone.

In the meantime I'm happily using 4.0 ^_^

--

-Michael