Re: Gdium Liberty 1000

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Andy Ruhl<acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Matt Thomas<matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've recently found an inexpensive ($350US) mips64 based netbook for sale:
>> the Gdium Liberty 1000.  Getting NetBSD running on it looks fun but it needs
>> a framebuffer driver written for it.  Given the lack of serial, this will be

The framebuffer is SM512 or SM712, i'm not sure, you could use vga
console or looking for source code of siliconmotion drivers for xorg.

It should have a serial there, maybe just pin-outs, and you could get
the linux kernel branch at this link for reference:
http://www.loongson.cn/support/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6.27;a=tree;f=arch/mips/lemote/lm2f;h=fe1ebe134f60f203d741a8565657ac161694584a;hb=HEAD

>>> a bit challenge.  I'd be satisfied with an unaccelerated driver (genfb) to
>>> start but eventually want an accelerated fb driver.
There are two branches on loongson site:
http://www.loongson.cn/support/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=siliconmotion/xorg;a=summary
and
http://www.loongson.cn/support/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=siliconmotion/zvport;a=summary
Please check out and see if its what you want.

>> If you're interested, please me let know.
> It's very cool looking. Only 512 megs of memory which is low for a
If you need to replace the memory stick, you should look at the PMON
codes, I think the memory config is hard coded in.
This link is for 2f dev board, not the Gdium netbook, I think.
http://www.loongson.cn/support/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pmon;a=tree;f=Targets/Bonito2fdev;h=5640b2b2a705e9f32232c53ab9c352cf53cb44d0;hb=master
you can find it in start.S under Bonito.
The PMON source on:
http://www.loongson.cn/support/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pmon;a=tree;h=master;hb=master