Re: Gdium Liberty 1000

On Jul 28, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Andy Ruhl wrote:

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Matt Thomas<matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

I've recently found an inexpensive ($350US) mips64 based netbook for sale: the Gdium Liberty 1000. Getting NetBSD running on it looks fun but it needs a framebuffer driver written for it. Given the lack of serial, this will be a bit challenge. I'd be satisfied with an unaccelerated driver (genfb) to
start but eventually want an accelerated fb driver.

If you're interested, please me let know.

It's very cool looking. Only 512 megs of memory which is low for a
netbook, but given it's intended purpose it's probably fine (no
Windows in site).

People have upgraded it to 2GB by replace the 512MB SO-DIMM.

I don't think the 1000 has much in common with other hpcmips platforms but I
can't think of a better place to put it.

You could always start with evbmips and then maybe start a new port
for it if it's really that different.

Do you have one then?

I will in a few days. :)