Re: Trouble booting off hard disk on iBook G4

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 02:13:08AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> The hard disk has an HFS partition with ofwboot.xcf on the root, and
> a NetBSD FFS partition that contains netbsd.macppc. I try to boot with
> boot hd:,\ofwbot.xcf netbsd.macppc
>
> ofwboot.xcf find and loads the kernel, which then hangs after displaying
> a single line about lack of ADB support, assumoing USB keyboard.

After some experiment, I can boot any kernel provided it is stored
along ofwboot.xcf on the HFS partition. If I try to load a kernel
from the FFS partition with the OpenFirmware command below, it loads
and crash:
boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:9,/netbsd

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus