Recent instabilities?

Hi,

I recently did a test to upgrade the NetBSD kernel on one of my
Mac Minis from 9.99.93 from early January to a more recent
9.99.94 from, oh, two weeks ago?

This upgrade seems to have made a big dent in the stability of
the OS.  If I just left it running, doing the daily jobs, often
times when I returned to it and pressed "Enter" on the kbd,
nothing would happen, and the machine is also "off air" on the
network.  No panic, though, just a solid wedge.

I recently downgraded to 9.99.93, and this problem has so far not
re-surfaced.

I know this is kind of vague, and my machine is currently
inaccessible due to a planned power outage, but ... is anyone
else observing something similar?

Regards,

- Håvard