4400/200: next issue!

Okay, thanks to everyone who helped, I have my 4400/200 powering up
now.

Next problem: having trouble finding the relevant serial port - if
there is such a thing.  I found references saying that for serial
console I want the modem port, which is fine, BUT...

...I can't seem to find the relevant pins.

The connector looks like the miniDIN-8 I'm used to from SPARCStations,
only with a 9th pin.  I found a Sun cable that brought the 8 pins it
supports out to a DB-25.  Pin 7 - the usual ground pin - shows a
sub-1-ohm connection to circuit ground, so I figured I should be able
to find the data pins by looking for pins driven by the machine.

Trouble is, I was able to find only two such, and neither of them gives
me data on power-up.

I then tried the other port - the one marked with a printer icon
instead of a phone handset icon - and got just as much nothing.

Of course, the dead battery means any settings will have been lost.
Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything on the serial ports
upon powering up with neither keyboard nor monitor connected?  I don't
know where my ADB keyboards are, nor any Mac monitors (I used to have
one, not sure whether I still do).  Is it possible to drive a VGA
monitor off the Mac DA-15 video with a passive adapter?  If so, where
would I find the pinouts?  I could solder one up, and, even if it
doesn't work perfectly, it might work well enough for me to change
settings.

Of course, I'd then still need to find an ADB keyboard.  I'm pretty
sure I still have one, just not sure where it might be.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign