RE: Installations notes for NetBSD 9.1 on a G4 Power Macintosh

I am certainly in no rush and the problem was fixed easily enough. I've installed several packages from pkgsrc since working around the issues.

I did indeed grab from 'current'. Even though I worked around the problem I can try again just to reproduce the error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 10:45 AM
To: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
Cc: Adam Russell <ac.russell%live.com@localhost>; port-macppc%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Installations notes for NetBSD 9.1 on a G4 Power Macintosh

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

>> That is, I tried to build hfsutils and got a cascade of errors about
>> digest, cwrappers, etc and something about not being able to create
>> /ftp/pub?
>
> We need all the details here to find out what went wrong.

Not related to macppc, but pkgsrc is undergoing a transition from /var/db/pkg to /usr/pkg/pkgdb.  It is possible you are in an
intermediate state about this.   I would advise, in addition to what
Martin said about posting errors:

  Make sure you have pgksrc 2020Q3, or pkgsrc current.   Not pkgsrc from
  early December.

  If you have updated along nebsd-9 and have the new pkg_install, make
  sure you have the latest version.  Include "/usr/sbin/pkg_add -V" and
  "/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add -V" output in your report.

  If reasonable, hang on a few days as a script to check/fix and better
  instructions are about to appear.