Re: GENERIC.MP kernel not booting

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, at 10:05:08 -0400, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
[...]
I’ve recently installed NetBSD 9.0 and yesterday upgraded it to 9.1
using ‘sysupgrade’. In both cases, I am unable to boot from the MP kernel.

I do not have much configured on the system outside of SSH and using
SSLH.   My questions are as follows:

  1.  Is this a known issue ?
  2.  Are there workarounds I can try ?
  3.  How do I collect the information and where can I upload it to ?
      Bug tracking ?  Something else?
  4.  Is there any extra diagnostics I can enable to collect more
      information that would be helpful to folks ?
[...]

Hello,

Are you able to boot a UP (GENERIC) kernel successfully? Is it just the
MP kernel that isn't working for you?

This is quite possibly the same issue that's been reported and
discussed already, e.g.:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=55462

Advice would be to try a -current (9.99.75 or thereabouts) MP kernel
and see if that works for you. (With the caveat it's a development
branch, so there may be other issues lurking.)

Regards,

Dave