Re: HEADS UP: macppc gcc8 fallout in -current

On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 23:57:57 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 11:55:36PM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> > I have upgraded my test mac mini g4 to current from Dec 22 but got
> > around to compile something on it last night only and it looks like
> > gcc8 is busted (powerpc ports were switched on Dec 14).
>
> FWIW:
> my macppc did not show many regressions on the gcc switch in the regular
> atf test runs.

EXPN my macppc?

mrg@ says he tested on ofppc natively and it worked for him.

Sevan tested on his mini g4 with a kernel from October and a recent
gcc8 userland in a chroot and observed the same problem - so we know
the recent uvm rototill is not a suspect.

-uwe